When we're relaxing in the comfort of our own homes, many of us will be able to enjoy our leisure time watching television, a film, surfing the web or gaming, on high-definition screens that showcase sharp, detailed images. The ability to pick out even the smallest details and being able to view pictures in great detail, helps us to immerse ourselves more in the media we're enjoying.
The ability to pick out details of incidents has long been the bane of many a retailer – but just like in the home, HD CCTV systems are a thing and they are helping stores to combat profit-affecting shoplifting, as well as offering a number of other benefits.
In this blog, we're going to look at them, highlighting how they can help a store to reduce retail theft.
The Benefits of HD CCTV Systems.
Sadly, a business owner just cannot have eyes everywhere at all times. This is where a CCTV system comes in.
The threat of shoplifting not only puts the profits of the store at risk but also the safety and wellbeing of customers and staff. Being those all-seeing eyes is why security cameras have proved to be a successful addition to retail operations – most of the time they work as a deterrent; anyone with designs on stealing will think twice if they spot a modern system monitoring their every move. Of course, there are times when they proceed regardless and this is when HD CCTV systems must prove their true worth.
So on that point, here are the benefits provided by a modern, high-definition CCTV system:
- Depth of recording. First and foremost, let's talk about the obvious ability of a high-definition camera to capture great images. The classic negative of old types of CCTV is that they capture grainy images that often don't help anyone when it comes to identifying an incident and/or a perpetrator of crime. All that has changed with HD recording – well-positioned HD CCTV systems are able to capture everything in its field of vision clearly, identifying even the smallest of details due to its zoom capabilities.
- Simple Installation and Usage. You can be forgiven for thinking that such a sophisticated system will be difficult to use – not so. In fact, modern CCTV systems are actually easier to use than their predecessors, a factor of this being that they are able to work with existing CCTV infrastructure, as well as with software installed on a computer, tablet or smartphone device.
- Working With Existing CCTV Infrastructure. As briefly mentioned, modern HD CCTV systems are able to work alongside existing CCTV cameras, to provide the store with a wide coverage. A retailer can 'mix and match' their CCTV, placing the HD cameras in key areas to monitor points in the store that may be at high risk.
- Fast Delivery of Images. It isn't just the quality of images that HD CCTV has over its predecessors – the speed and range of methods in which it's able to deliver images far outweighs the abilities of other systems. A modern system can deliver images at high speeds through its bandwidth capabilities, with no lagging – either live or on playback. This means that the retailer doesn't have to be present at their store at all times to monitor what's going on. Furthermore, HD CCTV systems are able to work with cloud storage to securely keep images off-site and yet, easily accessible for them whenever they need them.
- View on Any Device. As we mentioned above, working with software, modern HD CCTV can deliver images to any device you wish – from the average desktop PC and laptop to tablets and smartphones. This gives the retailer the peace of mind that they'll be able to go about their business without any undue worry about the security of their store – if needs be, they can simply use an app to view what is currently going on in-store, or view playback.
- Capture Other Details, As Well As Shoplifters. Thanks to its ability to record great images, an HD CCTV camera can be used for tasks, other than security. Working in conjunction with specialist software, the camera can help to create statistics, relating to the number of people who are present in a store, which stock lines need updating – even which areas of the store need more staff present to assist customers.
- Cost/Effectiveness. The true value of any service or product is how cost effective it is. Does it balance its usefulness with the initial cost to procure it? If you think about the amount of money that stores lose through internal and external theft each year, then think about the benefits offered by an HD system – it should show that an investment in one will be truly of value.
HD CCTV From Maxtag.
Here at Maxtag, we have been providing business operations with bespoke security solutions and CCTV systems for over 20 years now. Spending so much time in the industry, we have gained a unique knowledge of the different trends and abilities of how different systems can help different retailers to get the best out of their security. We have also partnered up with some of the most innovative manufacturers of retail security systems, ensuring that the products we offer are of the utmost quality and are able to perform the tasks that is required of them.
If you're looking to better-protect your retail operation with new HD CCTV systems, why not get in touch with a member of our expert team today to further discuss your requirements? You can call us on 0800 044 3160 or alternatively, you can send an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.