Think 'CCTV' and you'll probably think 'security'. Able to film an area that the property owner wishes to monitor, security cameras have been commonplace in homes and public buildings for many years now. But security cameras can be used for more than just security – in this blog, we're going to look at a number of other benefits that can gleaned from CCTV in Reading.
The Need For CCTV In Reading
With the growth of the local area in recent years, Reading has seen a huge rise in footfall. Already just a relatively short drive to London, the upcoming opening of the new Crossrail service will see passengers travel to and from the town quicker than ever before. You don't have to be an economist to work out that this will help the area to grow even more, with people being attracted by the cheaper property rental and buyer rates, as opposed to the capital.
An increase in visitors and residents is great news for existing business but with more visitors, comes natural worries about security.You simply do not know who is entering through your doors, nor what their intentions are. The vast majority will be genuine customers – CCTV in Reading is able to help you treat their needs, as well as track those with nefarious intentions.
The Added Benefits of CCTV
So aside from offering robust security, modern CCTV in Reading is able to:
- Offer a deterrent – Perhaps the biggest role CCTV plays (maybe even more so than actually filming and monitoring) is that it offers a deterrent against crime.Most people will be fully-aware of the qualities of the latest CCTV systems –able to record images in high-definition and send them over wireless internet,it's likely to place a psychological barrier in the mind of anyone with intentions of doing the property harm when they spot one. Drawing attention to the cameras (using signs and posters, informing them that they are being monitored) is a classic way of doing this.
- Provide good rates of insurance – Whilst it isn't a legal requirement for any business to have CCTV installed, many insurance companies may insist, in order to reduce the risk of any incidents. Insurance companies reward people and businesses they assess of posing the least risk (of them making a pay-out) so a high-quality CCTV installation will suit all parties – the property owner gets a good deal on the insurance and the insurance company have got a new client who they deem of being less likely of making a claim (of course, in the event of a claim being made, a high quality CCTV system acts as reliable evidence).
- Help with building organisation – Thanks to the high monitoring qualities of the latest CCTV systems, they can be utilised to allow the building operator to better understand the layout. For a retailer, this gives them the scope to reorganise stock displays and how they assign their staff. The most popular products can be placed in advantageous locations and enough staff will be on hand to assist customers.
- Improve stock rotation – Another great benefit of CCTV for retailers is that by establishing a network, they are able to keep an eye on the positions of their stock, as well as their staff and customers. It can be difficult at times to know when stock needs replenishing; CCTV in Reading can free up busy staff from monitoring shelves and keep an eye on particular busy areas, letting them know when shelves need filling.
- Produce analytics – Working with computer software, modern HD CCTV is able provide analytical statistics that will help any business to make plans for improvement. One such method is 'people counting', which counts the number of people who enter the store (or pass a window display) and compares it to the number of actual customers there are. During their visit, a camera can even monitor how a person interacts with a stock display or a particular area,giving the operator an insight into how to improve the set-up of their building.
- Create a safe, professional reputation – CCTV is so plentiful nowadays that people will actually expect a public building to have a system installed. Whilst the sheer number of CCTV cameras in the country have raised questions over the years, it can't be denied that their presence in public places helps most people to feel safe and secure as they go about their day. Whether it's staff or customers, they will expect any professional business to offer them such an environment.
Create A Safe Environment In Your Property, With Maxtag
If you yourself are searching for CCTV in Reading to provide your property with a security boost (as well as the other benefits listed above),then you've found the right place here at Maxtag. No matter your requirements,the layout of your premises or your budget, we have a proven track record of creating bespoke security systems that breathe new life into the effectiveness of the operations undertaken by the clients we serve.Please take the time to look around our website for more information on the particular services we have on offer – if you would like to learn even more or to make an enquiry, get in touch with us directly on 0800 044 3160. Alternatively, you can reach us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org