With modern CCTV in retail stores able to record in high-definition and proficient at sending those images at extremely high speeds over wireless networks to all manner of devices, it can be easy to assume that security is their only function.
In fact, the technology that we have at our disposal these days is so good, we can actually use it alongside software to accurately measure the number of people who enter a store, how they interact with displays – even which shelves need restocking. With this ability to create retail analytics, businesses are better able to understand and optimise their stores, helping them to concentrate their resources and staff on other, more vital aspects of the operation.
High-Quality CCTV In Retail From Maxtag.
Here at Maxtag, we have 20 years of experience in providing the latest CCTV systems that aside from helping to improve the security of a store, have also helped to improve the day-to-day operations of the business too. Our usage of very latest StoreTech technology enables us to help a retail business to accurately record, measure and organise statistics that show how different aspects of the operation are performing – for example, the sales-compared-to-footfall. Footfall analytics will give businesses the perfect opportunity to understand a customer’s journey through their store – how they interact with different displays, areas and products and what actions they take as a result. This will give a retailer the knowledge on which aspects of their operation are working and which layouts need to be optimised to better capture the imagination of shoppers.
A Modern Retail Analytical Solution.
Prior to the innovation of the types of CCTV that we have at our disposal today, many stores suffered from a number of issues relating to analytics – including high operating costs and the poor visibility provided by the store layout, as well as the cameras themselves.
Thankfully, these issues are now firmly in the past, thanks to the latest in CCTV and retail analytics software, which makes it easier than ever for retailers to view their customers in more detail.
StoreTech is able to take information recorded by the CCTV camera of a store and translate the data to present information in an easy-to-understand package. The software is able to present visual data (rather than just complicated statistics and charts) of how certain aspects of the store is performing, with the collected data able to be accessed by the user in any location they may be in. So even at the busiest times of the day, when the user is away from the operation – they are still able to monitor their store in real-time.
The 5 Top Benefits of Retail Analytics.
Here, we’ll take a more in-depth look at how CCTV in retail can work with analytic software to help a store to run as effectively as possible during even the busiest times:
- Smarter Store. With the ability to see which of their products sell the most, retailers are able to get a grasp of how and when they should undertake their stock rotation. Not only that but by understanding their popular products, they can better organise them to make it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for. People-counting is also a major benefit of a smart store – with an insight into how many people walk by or how many stop and browse a window display, will further help the store to better understand how their operation is working.
- Staff Optimisation. Along with retail analytics software, CCTV in retail stores can understand when the store is at its busiest which will give the business a great opportunity to better organise staffing levels in the key areas of the store. This will only work to improve the in-store experience of a customer, as say, if they need any assistance, they won’t be too far away from a members of staff. Also, when they’re queuing up, they’ll at least see that the store is running at its maximum capacity and the queue they’re in is moving at a steady rate.
- Stock Audits. As the CCTV system is able to be watched at any location with an internet connection, retailers are able to keep a watchful eye on their stock levels and understand when they’ll need to replenish it. This will not only help to save time and effort in having someone checking the stock manually but it will also be useful to plan to re-stock at a less-busy time of day, reducing the potential disruption that it may cause.
- Ease-of-use. Being easy to use, an analytics program such as StoreTech can present real-time, minute-by-minute updates of the events in the store, using just a single interface. This gives retailers the opportunity to analyse their CCTV footage much easier, saving time and freeing up even more time to undertake other tasks around the store.
- Enhanced Marketing. Thanks to the more-detailed information that they’ll have at hand, retailers will be able to use it to gain an understanding if their marketing campaign they’ve been running has been a success, or not. This will help to improve upon future campaigns, helping to eventually create one that will have a huge benefit to the store – increasing its reputation and profits. CCTV is more than just security.
Improve Your Business With Maxtag’s StoreTech Analytic Software.
If you’re a retailer looking for a modern solution to improve your in-store analytics, then you’ve come to the right place here at Maxtag. We understand just how vital it is that your business is tailored towards providing an attractive environment for your customers – not only can it lead to a sale but also work to build up a more long-term relationship with them returning time-and-again.
If you would like further information on how CCTV in retail and analytics software can help to increase your store’s profit margins, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today. You can call us on 0800 044 3160 or you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.