Despite being around for more than a decade, it's only of late that retailers have been switching over from 'traditional' analogue CCTV systems to modern CCTV installations, such as Internet Protocol (IP) cameras. This can be put down to the increasing availability of a faster internet and the drop in the price of devices that can be used alongside these cameras – but mostly, it's the quality of image that can be captured and the ability to stream them that has persuaded forward-thinking businesses to update their CCTV security.
Having been operating as CCTV installers in Kensington for over 20 years now, we have seen much change in the industry throughout the intervening years. The vast development of the internet has helped greatly to push the improvements along of course; IP cameras are able to record images in high definition, as well as send and receive data through an NVR (Network Video Recorder) via Wi-Fi or even cloud platforms. This has helped to create CCTV technology that is flexible, adaptable, reliable and vastly superior in their functions, compared to previous CCTV technology.
Reasons Why Retailers Should Switch To A Modern CCTV Installation.
It can prove to be a difficult choice in deciding whether or not to upgrade your security – not only for cost reasons but is the outlay that you make actually worth it? Will the investment pay itself back, or will the impact it has, be a minimal one?
With that in mind, here are some reasons why as a retailer, you should consider switching to a more modern CCTV installation:
- Low Def = Lower Quality. Although useful for many years, older types of 'analogue' systems are starting to show their age; be it through their day-to-day operating reliability or simply through the lower quality of images they record, compared to more-modern systems. As time goes on, their effectiveness will only reduce – something that a determined shoplifter may pick up on. If you're currently operating a CCTV system that is more than a decade old, it's likely that their cost to maintain (as well as the cost of any crimes it doesn't pick up) will be more than the outlay for a new system, something you definitely should think about.
- Analyse Your Stores.It can be easy to assume that 'CCTV= security' – they aren't just for security. Today, CCTV cameras can be used for a whole host of different tasks as well as security – producing analytics to study and make changes to your retail operation is one such task. Used alongside software, you can implement an IP system to effectively monitor the number of people who enter the store (people counting) compared to how many actually purchase products to provide an insight into how your store is performing. Other tasks include the ability to monitor certain areas of the store; understanding which areais the most popular and if it requires more staff to be present.Youalso don't even have to trawl through endless footage to find a certain incident, as the camera and the software work together to track the motion of people and objects. What's more, is that all this information can be accessed no matter where you may be via the internet – so you don't have to actually be on site to run your store effectively.
- Ease-of-use. It can also be easy to assume that with a modern CCTV installation being so adept at so many tasks, that controlling it effectively more prove difficult. Not so. The beauty of modern technology is that it is designed to make things easier for us to operate it – saving time that would be better spent undertaking other tasks. Although CCTV installers in Kensington are able to offer advice and guidance on operating the system, it won't take long for retailers to pick up on how to manage their security.
- Scalability. Need more than one camera for your store? You can add as many as you need with an IP system. Whether it's just one additional camera or thousands of them – you can integrate a fully-working network easily and quickly. Older analogue networks can only grow with multiple cameras (such as 4 at a time) whereas you can add cameras to a network run by an IP camera one-by-one. What's more, is that you can use any existing cabling to keep the costs of the installation down.
- High Quality + Low Cost = Cost Effective. With the technology becoming more and more commonplace, the price of CCTV systems is reducing – and placing no compromise on its functions and high qualities that meant they cost much more just a few years ago. Whether you want to capture those images in crystal-clear high-definition, send them via Wi-Fi to any device, analyse your store or monitor it from wherever you may be, you can do so – CCTV installers in Kensington will offer you a very cost-effective price.
- Reliability. What separates IP cameras and other styles of modern CCTV, is that their storage methods (using NVR's) are proven to be faster and much more reliable than older analogue and DVR (digital video recorder) systems. This further plays into the long-term cost-effectiveness of the product, leaving you with the best functioning CCTV system, helping you to get the best out of your retail operation.
Get The Most Out Of Your Business With Maxtag, Experienced CCTV Installers In Kensington.
Here at Maxtag, we specialise in the procurement, sales and installation of all manner of retail security equipment, including modern high-definition CCTV, such as IP cameras. Designed to protect your store, your staff, customers, as well as provide you with crucial in-store statistics, there has been no better time to consider upgrading to a modern CCTV installation.
If you would like to learn more about how we are able to implement the best cost-effective, modern CCTV installation in your retail store, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us today. You can call one of our expert CCTV installers in Kensington on 0800 044 3160 or alternatively, you can send us an e-mail at email@example.com.